Business Apprentice (Inventory Management & Customer Service) BAYER PUBLIC LIMITED COMPANY
An exciting opportunity to work in two operational teams within Bayer, one of the world’s leading Life Science companies. The role will spend time in both Customer Service and Inventory Management to gain a broad understanding of inventory arrives at our warehouse through to being supplied to our customers and all the activities that support.
Closing date: 27 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
18 Sep 2023
21 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Inventory Management & Customer Service Apprentice
Customer Service (6 Months Placement)
This apprentice will process orders in a timely manner, and follow up and resolve potential order related issues, act as major point of contact for customer complaints and escalates any problems. As part of this and alongside others, they are responsible managing complaints, customer credit and debit memos and returns from the customers.Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for processing orders accurately and in a timely manner
- Appropriately communicate with internal and external customers and/or business on order status and inform if needed on any out of stock situations or cancellations
- Create, review and approve credit and debit memo requests in line with authorisation limit
- Responsible for daily monitoring of all order issues through to resolution using all available reports. Collaborate with relevant stakeholders as appropriate and communicate with customers to ensure customer satisfaction
- Responsible for timely resolution of customer queries, claims, complaints and returns including credit memo release to agreed value. Ensuring appropriate approvals and documentation is evidenced.
- Receive customer telephone calls and answer any queries or transfer to appropriate teams
Inventory Management (12 Month placement)
This apprentice will participate in all inventory management activities ensuring inventory availability so that customer orders can be delivered on time whilst maintaining compliance with best practice throughout. The apprentice will be in close contact with the warehouses resolving issues and responding to requests as required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for resolving inventory quantity differences between systems in Bayer and at the respective warehouse, posting stock differences where required.
- Responsible for stock management activities including recording of inventory identified as unsaleable.
- Working closely with Order to Cash team, record, investigate and resolve delivery issues highlighted by the customer or the warehouse.
- Oversea receipt of stock into the respective warehouse, raising additional documentation as required.
- Responsible for managing the shared email inbox, allocating tasks to other team members to ensure that they are completed.
- Responsible for managing inventory stored in the office.
- Support stock check process
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice will work towards the Business Administrator Level 3 Standard with functional skills Level 2 if required in maths and English.
Training is blended - 2 days a month group training sessions, tutor led both face to face and remote, guided self study and 1-1 training and reviews.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Bayer Plc will provide you with a solid foundation at the beginning of your journey for a rewarding and lasting career. We believe that everyone working at Bayer has the potential to progress and you will be supported by our commitment to your ongoing training and further development.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4 or C) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any (Grade Any) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
WEST BERKSHIRE TRAINING CONSORTIUM
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.