Finance Assistant Apprentice THE ST JOHNS HOTEL SOLIHULL LIMITED
This is a perfect role for an apprentice looking to start their career in accounting, to join our ever-expanding portfolio of hotels. The main responsibility of the finance assistant apprentice is to effectively provide support to the finance manager, whilst assisting with completing day-to-day financial operations, in a team environment.
Closing date: 12 Feb 2023
Discounts across retail, restaurants, events etc, family & friends discounts, employee discounts at other hotels within our brand partner family, flexibility, mental health/wellbeing support w/ employee assistance line, gym membership, free parking.
Total hours per week: 25
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
06 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
What will I be responsible for as a finance assistant?
Undertake financial/accounting responsibilities for the hotel.
• Daily input of revenue to required spreadsheets/systems.
• Reconcile banking on a daily and weekly basis.
• Complete supplier statement checks and other purchase ledger (AP) tasks.
• Review and process all supplier invoices ready for payment.
• Respond to guest payment/invoicing queries.
• Knowledge of hotel rates and special rates with hotel/hospitality facilities.
• Respond to all sales ledger (AR) queries and requests.
• Ensuring control of the hotel's sales ledger, ensuring that all invoices, receipts, BACS payments etc. are correctly posted to the system and debts are chased promptly.
• Send all client invoices and manage payments.
• Conducting a daily check to show that all banking has been recorded correctly.
• Checking all travel agent commission claims with reservations and resolve any queries with the agent(s) concerned.
• Recording purchase invoices as approved by finance manager/GM.
• Producing reports that may be requested by the finance manager, GM or head office.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 accounts/finance assistant apprenticeship standard
- Functional skills in English and maths if required
- 1 day per week will be spent at college at the Blossomfield campus
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression to grow within the company, with opportunities across the UK and internationally.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5 (C) and above) Desired
About the employer
SOLIHULL COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITY CENTRE
01789 266 245
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.