Level 2 Support Worker Apprentice WHITMORE VALE HOUSING ASSOCIATION LTD
Would you like a role where you can support the welfare of residents and provide a high-quality service that promotes individual choice, independence, respect, and dignity? A role where you can complete a qualification whilst working? If so, then the Level 2 Support Worker Apprentice role could be for you. Duties include ensuring that the people who use our service are provided with appropriate facilities to meet their spiritual, recreational, social and welfare need, administering medication to those unable to do so for themselves and ensuring the care plan for each person using our service is implemented, and records of progress are kept up to date.
Closing date: 03 Feb 2023
In return for your commitment, we offer: - Company pension scheme - Development opportunities - Employee Assist Programme through Health Assured
Total hours per week: 38.5
Possible start date
20 Feb 2023
21 Dec 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To assist service users living in the home in all aspects of their daily lives
- To assist the registered manager and other senior staff by
creating a warm, friendly, and welcoming atmosphere, that provides the highest standard of physical and emotional care that supports people in using our service to exercise freedom of choice, mutual support, and independence as far as is practicable for each service user
- Ensuring that the people who use our service are provided with appropriate facilities to meet their spiritual, recreational, social and welfare need
- To promote appropriate stimulating activities, using person centred principles
- Assuming the role of key worker for designated individuals
- Developing and encouraging contact with families and care managers
- Encouraging people who use our service to administer their own medication as far as they can capably and reliably do so in accordance with standard procedures
- Administering medication to those unable to do so for themselves
- Attending medical, dental, and other health services with people who use our service, and ensure they are most beneficial for the individuals
- To liaise with practitioners in all disciplines as required for the good care of each individual, and to prepare reports as may be required for such purpose whilst liaising with the registered manager/deputy manager
- Helping individuals to develop skills towards management of their own financial resources within the limits of their own ability
- To monitor and control, as necessary, individuals’ personal expenditure to within their income and savings, ensuring that individuals’ money can be demonstrably shown to be used only for their benefit
- Fostering and promoting a positive attitude to employment and/or day services attendance for all the people who use our service
- Arranging assessments and reviews for everyone using our service at intervals no greater than one year and to promote inclusion
- Ensuring the care plan for each person using our service is implemented, and records of progress are kept up to date
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Your apprenticeship will be delivered by Brighter Horizons Training. As part of this you will complete the Level 2 Diploma in Care and you will be supported with upskilling in English and maths if you do not already have a GCSE grade 4/C or above. Following successful End Point Assessment, you will be awarded the Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship.
Training will be facilitated through blended learning and you will have on-going support from your assessor to get you ready for your End Point Assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Apprentices can progress to Level 3 and or Level 5. Level 5 provides opportunity within a management role.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade E/2 or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
MOBIUS PARTNERS LIMITED
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.