Looking to develop a career in accountancy? Due to continued growth, accounts practice Bourne & Co are looking to add another apprentice to the team. Based at the Derby branch, you will learn the art of bookkeeping and bank reconciliations, whilst also assisting with the preparation of tax & VAT returns and learning how to use accountancy software.
Closing date: 09 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
23 Feb 2023
20 Dec 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Typical duties will include:
- Assist with the preparation of tax & VAT returns
- Assist in preparation of Limited Company & Sole Trader accounts
- Bookkeeping for clients (processing invoices, recording receipts, bank reconciliations)
- Deal with company secretarial, confirmation statements & Companies House form
- Deal with general client queries to either conclusion or the point of escalation
- General financial & administrative tasks
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Level 3 Assistant Accountant apprenticeship standard includes 6 AAT exams, in addition to the Synoptic Assessment as part of the End-Point Assessment (EPA) process.
The knowledge units will be delivered at the EMA training hub in Derby or Nottingham (depending on apprentices’ location) through day release.
AAT Modules are as follows:
- Introduction to Bookkeeping (L2 Unit)
- Principles of Bookkeeping (L2 Unit)
- Management Accounting Techniques
- Financial Accounting: Preparing Financial Statements
- Business Awareness
- Tax Processes for Business
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is a full-time opportunity available at the end of the apprenticeship for someone who can demonstrate competence within accountancy, in addition to showing initiative and a willingness to learn. You will naturally progress onto the Professional Accounting Technician Level 4 apprenticeship before agreeing a pathway to becoming a chartered accountant (Level 7).
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
EMA TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.