The Goodwin Development Trust are now looking to recruit an HR Apprentice to provide support to the HR function whilst studying towards a Level 3 HR Qualification. You will produce reports, letters or documents for managers as required, ad-hoc cover of receptions when needed etc.
Closing date: 27 Jan 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
06 Feb 2024
20 Dec 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Be the point of contact and provide administration duties to assist in the smooth running of Goodwin’s HR department
- Work alongside IT and Estates to ensure a seamless process for new starters and leavers
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records, including the use of HR software
- Organising, attending, and minuting various types of meetings when required
- Manage and Maintain Goodwin’s onboarding processes
- Progress pre-employment clearances (ID checks for Disclosure & Barring Service Checks - DBS), employment references, Right to Work checks
- Produce reports, letters or documents for managers as required. Alongside any general filing and office duties to ensure the smooth running of the HR department
- Monitor and maintain staff probationary reviews/DBS rechecks and appropriate staff development paperwork. Inform Managers of outstanding reviews, update the HR system and issue appropriate correspondence
- Assist line managers with low level disciplinaries
- Co-ordinate the recruitment of volunteers, communicating with potential volunteers and assisting with volunteer applications
- Maintain an up-to-date volunteer contact database and co-ordinate placements to ensure that the HR system has an accurate reflection of all volunteers within the organisation
- Collate information for and input Goodwin’s Payroll on a monthly basis
- Provide cover for HR Manager when needed with support from SMT and external legal counsel
- To promote & follow all current Goodwin Development Trust policies and procedures
- Undertake appropriate mandatory training relevant for the post and business needs
- Adhoc cover of receptions when needed
- Providing administrative support for Goodwin’s Senior Management Team (SMT) and Trustees when required
- Acquire a working knowledge of other roles and departments within the organisation to effectively support and signpost any incoming queries
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Human Resource Support Level 3 apprenticeship standard:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- One to one Tutor Assessor support in the workplace
- Attending weekly classes covering Health and Safety and Equality and Diversity and working towards completing the EPA
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Excellent future prospects with the possibility of progressing into management for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
MCARTHUR DEAN TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.