We are looking for an apprentice to be a front of house presence and undertake legal secretarial duties. The ideal candidate will be polite, enthusiastic, and professional. There is a dress code and the apprentice will be provided with a staff handbook and a contract to read.
Closing date: 05 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
20 Feb 2023
04 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Answering phones and gathering detailed information from the caller before passing on the message / transferring the call to the relevant fee earner
- Writing emails
- Filing documents on our cloud base case management system
- Taking notes in conferences
- Assisting the partners with gathering information for billing
- Collecting and distributing post
- Greeting clients and offering them refreshments
- Keeping the office tidy in general
- Maintaining supervision of stock control and keeping the communications room tidy
- Diverting the phone system to the out of hours phone number of the fee earner on duty that evening
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
• 13 months practical training period, plus 3 months for End Point Assessment
• Work-based training with your employer
• 5 days college attendance for key knowledge components
• Approximately 12 on-site assessment visits per year
• Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English (7 days at college for each, if required)
• Off the job training will count for at least 20% of an apprentice’s time at work
• Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths
End Point Assessment:
• Practical observation
• Apprentice showcase
• Professional discussion
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Legal career advancement available. We will one day also be looking for a new office manager.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
ABINGDON AND WITNEY COLLEGE
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.