Laboratory Technician Apprentice THE APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING AGENCY LTD
Our busy powder coating testing laboratory is currently seeking an apprentice Lab Assistant. The successful candidate will perform various tasks to support the laboratory technical staff, including quality control to internal and external standards, colour matching, sample processing. lab testing and the maintenance of quality assurance records.
Closing date: 30 Mar 2023
£10,004.80 to £19,760.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Shifts to be confirmed between 8.00am - 4.30pm (1/2 hour for lunch)
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Apr 2023
04 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Candidate must be over 18 years of age due to Health and Safety Regulations at Thermaset.
Thermaset Ltd is one of the UK's leading powder coating specialists and a Qualicoat approved manufacturer based in Tamworth, Staffordshire. With over 30 year's experience formulating manufacturing and suppling powder coating we are able to provide excellent customer service technical support, and quality powder.
The individual will work collaboratively with all employees in accordance with the requirements of the production and laboratory department. We encourage all candidates to apply with an interest in this area.
Responsibilities will be:
- Receive and process samples for quality control purposes
- Prepare samples for testing using various types of laboratory equipment
- Perform laboratory testing, including salt spray and particle size analysis
- Prepare and maintain accurate laboratory records
- Label samples accurately and distribute them to the appropriate department
- Perform quality control as directed by the Laboratory Manager
- Clean and maintain work area and all lab equipment and supplies
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Completing a Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship Level 3, comprising of:
- Diploma in Processing Industries Operations
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT
- The vocational and academic training aspects are separated and delivered by separate teams
- The vocational training and assessment is conducted, more often than not, on site according to the employer's wishes
Notice of dates is agreed well in advance of a site visit.
- Training and assessment is conducted both on and off the job, according to the needs of the course and the learner
- Every effort is made to ensure the best result is achieved by the learner
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Excellent opportunity for the right person upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship
- Lab Assistant
- Senior Lab Assistant
- Lab Assistant (with Pharmaceutical)
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
THE APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING AGENCY LTD
Lichfield road Industrial Estate
TIRO TRAINING LTD
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.