Accounts and Credit Control Apprentice LANYON BOWDLER LLP
Working as part of a small, proactive, innovative and responsive Accounts team, you will report to the Accounts Manager and will assist in the smooth running of the Department. You will be responsible for carrying out a range of day-to-day activities in accordance with Solicitors’ Accounts Rules.
Closing date: 17 Feb 2023
£10,895.30 (£5.78 per hour) to start £13,854.75 (£7.35 per hour) upon completion of 6 months satisfactory service £16,833.05 (£8.93 per hour) upon completion of 12 months satisfactory service (or applicable minimum wage) Reviewed on completion.
Total hours per week: 36.25
Possible start date
25 Feb 2023
13 Dec 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To process all financial transactions into our practice management system
- To prepare and process applicable payments on our internet banking system, ensuring all details are checked with the fee earner responsible
- To check and process Practice bills and transfer funds to offset these where available
- To process card / cheque payments from clients over telephone and ensure posted to correct client ledgers
- To maintain a list of all clients paying their debts on instalments
- Check list on a regular basis to ensure instalment payments are being maintained, follow set procedures for those clients not keeping up with agreed instalment plans
- To check credit control email inbox and deal with any admin-related tasks, such as sending copy bills, statements, client change of addresses etc.
- To process bill write-offs that have been requested by fee-earner and approved as necessary
- To batch-generate credit control letters to be sent out to clients chasing payment of bills
- To liaise with Accounts Manager/Finance Director where possible concerns about credit risk/money laundering risk/solicitor accounts rules breaches in relation to payments
- To liaise with other members of the firm and external contacts in a professional and helpful manner
- To provide support and proactively contribute to the advancement of the departments overall business plan by bringing ideas and processes to the attention of the Accounts Manager or Finance Director
- To assist with routine enquiries into the Department by telephone, email and in person, directing calls as necessary
- To attend and participate in training as required
- To promote and adhere to the core values of the firm
- To provide support and assistance to colleagues by assisting with overflow work within the department and maintain support during holidays and sick leave
The above duties and responsibilities are intended to represent current priorities and are not meant to be an exhaustive list. The post holder may from time to time be asked to undertake other reasonable duties and responsibilities.
The job description will be reviewed at least annually in conjunction with the post holder. Any changes will be made in discussion with the post holder according to business needs.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Assistant Accountant apprenticeship standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The possibility of a permanent role upon completion of the qualification.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
RIVERSIDE TRAINING LIMITED
01432 359 244
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.