Food and Beverage Host- Customer Service Apprentice Oak Springs Care Home
Do you have an appetite to deliver first class service and a keen interest in all thing’s food & beverage? Then why not come and join us at Oak Springs Care Home to Make Every Moment Matter! As Food & Beverage Host, you will join a team that is passionate about delivering exceptional service to our residents while studying for a customer service qualification.
Closing date: 28 Mar 2023
£7.50 per hour
Monday to Friday, Shift pattern to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
29 Mar 2023
19 Dec 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Do you have an appetite to deliver first class service and a keen interest in all thing’s food & beverage? Then why not come and join us at Oak Springs Care Home to Make Every Moment Matter! Where our residents can enjoy a friendly and relaxing dining experience! As Food & Beverage Host, you will join a team that is passionate about delivering exceptional service to our residents.
We are also offering the option to gain a qualification as a Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner as part of our apprenticeship scheme.
As a Care Hostess at our home, your role may involve:
- Provide an effective and efficient food service within the care home and departments, always ensuring the highest food safety standards to residents and visitors.
- To carry out the preparation and service of all foods as detailed by way of menu’s in the care home areas. To comply with instruction on portion control, presentation and recording all information pertaining to the service as may be required.
- To process resident food requests and assemble meals into suite delivery trolleys.
- To be aware of resident’s special diets and to ensure that all special dietary needs/requests are followed.
- Ensure all food served to residents is correctly presented and easily accessible, considering any dietary restrictions that may apply.
- To prepare resident area, prior to service.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Customer Service apprenticeship:
Over the course of 15 – 18 months (dependent upon the level of course an apprentice is being enrolled onto), you will study subjects such as knowing your customers and your products/services, the customer journey, being open to feedback, systems and resources, regulations & legislation, influencing skills and team working, leadership styles, dealing with customer conflict, decision making skills and continuous improvement (these topics may differ).
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will achieve level 2 certification and can join the Institute of Customer Service as an individual member at a professional level. Functional Skills qualifications will also be provided if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Opportunty to complete higher apprenticeships.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Oak Springs Care Home
37 Church Road
IMPACT FUTURES TRAINING LIMITED
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.