HR Business Administration Apprentice LEARNING MATTERS TRUST LTD.
Kepier are looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to assist the HR Manager in the administration of general duties in relation to all Personnel, Payroll, Absence Management, Recruitment and other HR related administration for employees.
Closing date: 24 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
06 Mar 2023
30 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage and maintain the personnel file system and all associated documentation processes, ensuring confidentiality and adherence to Data Protection legislation at all times
- To complete all required documentation for employee contracts (such as starters, leavers, maternity / paternity, changes to contracts) in a timely manner
- To organise medical clearance and DBS checks for staff and volunteers as necessary
- To support the maintenance of the Single Central Register ensuring all requirements are met
- To support the administration of all Occupational Health Referrals as and when required
- To support all recruitment activities for the academy ensuring that safer recruitment procedures are adhered to
- Using the SAM system, support the management tracking of staff absences and report to the HR Manager when trigger points are reached. Arrange absence review meetings as necessary
- Ensure all absence data is provided each month to payroll by the required deadline
- To undertake all administrative duties relating to HR processes and procedures and liaise with the HR Manager as required
- Maintain all required records for employees such as staff lists, holiday entitlements, training course attendance, trained first aiders, DBS disclosures, annual salary reviews. Undertake checking and monitoring as required
- To work proactively with regards to Human Resources practices and procedures, increasing knowledge and improving processes and procedures as appropriate
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of the children and young people that you are responsible for or come into contact with
- To undertake an agreed programme of training towards the Level 3 HR Support Apprenticeship and apply learnings and best practice to the role
- To deal sensitively and confidentially with data and information required in performing the duties of the post
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Line Manager, Principal or member of the Senior Leadership Team that are not specified in this job description
- The post holder must be willing to undertake First Aid at Work training and carry out the role, if required
- The post holder must be willing to undertake Fire Warden training and carry out the role, if required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Work-based learning
- Business administration L3 apprenticeship standard
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This may lead to a full-time position as an HR Admin Assistant for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent IT skills (Grade 9-4 or A*-C or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 or A*-C or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
CITY OF SUNDERLAND COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.