Apprentice Engineering Technician ELECTRONIC ASSEMBLY SERVICES LTD
The position available is practical work for an apprentice who wants to train as an engineering operative within a busy and fast-moving engineering environment. Ideal candidate would be enthusiastic about learning new engineering skills and have a genuine interest in engineering working environment. Duties include preparing kits by allocating labels, checking the correct components are in the bag against the programme and tagging connectors.
Closing date: 11 Apr 2023
Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm with 2x 20 minute breaks
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
15 Apr 2023
20 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assemble PCB boards to IPC 1-3 standard
- Tagging connectors
- Ability to follow through hole drawings
- Assemble PCB boards to drawing specifications
- Surface Mount Technology (SMT)
- Prepare kits by allocating labels
- Checking the correct components are in the bag against the programme
- Build PCBa in accordance with IPC-610 criteria
- MYdata operation and step preparation (Mycronic)
- MYcentre label and loading
Operate and program solder paste print technologies (SPI)
Relay build issues and process related concerns to the production engineers.
Automated Optical Inspection:
- Inspect boards using relevant automated inspection technology to verify product quality following SMT assembly
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The successful candidate will be awarded a Level 2 Engineering Operative Qualification. Training provided will be on a block release timetable.
- Level 2 Diploma in engineering operations (skills)
- Level 2 Certificate or Diploma in engineering operations (knowledge)
- Apprentices without Level 1 (or equivalent) in English and maths must ensure that apprentices achieve Level 1 and take the test for Level 2 prior to taking the end-point assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential full-time role at the end of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
ELECTRONIC ASSEMBLY SERVICES LTD
24 Tournament Way
Ashby De La Zouch
THE SMB GROUP
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.