Apprentice Business Administrator EC DRUMMOND (AGRICULTURE) LTD
Reporting to a Finance Accountant and based in Ross on Wye, the Apprentice Business Administrator will assist in the smooth running of the department, Data entry, liaising with customers, raising invoices etc
Closing date: 07 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
09 Feb 2023
15 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You are required to maintain effective processing of duties with responsibility for the control and management of the work load and general administration duties.
- To be responsible for the timely delivery of work to an agreed timescale.
- To monitor, record, report and action the requirements of the workload to ensure best service to both internal and external customers.
- To provide support and to proactively contribute to the advancement of the departments overall business plan by bringing ideas and processes to the attention of the management team.
The apprentice business administrator will support the finance and admin team by taking on various tasks within the department.
· Working Monday to Friday – 0830 - 1630
· Assisting in credit control duties and track any arrears;
· Managing all queries to the team through phone and email enquiry;
· Assisting with order processing;
· Handling customer queries, over the phone, face to face and by email;
· Data entry – input of sales and purchase invoices;
· Processing invoices on finance database;
· Supplier invoice processing;
· Raising sales invoices and credits – maintaining the sales ledger;
· Checking and raising charges, producing invoices;
· Bank reconciliations;
· Adhoc support to the HR and admin function;
· Other reasonable duties and tasks within the admin & finance team.
· Able to work in a team and on own initiative;
· Good IT skills and ability to learn new systems;
· Excellent customer service skills;
· Strong administration skills;
· Reconciling Invoices;
· Good level of skill and experience in Microsoft applications including Outlook and Excel;
· Accounts background;
· Provide support other functions if required;
· Ability to work well off own initiative;
· Basic accounts;
· Ability to comprehend new systems;
· Excellent interpersonal Skills;
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Formal training is delivered at HWGTA, located in Holmer Road (HR4 9SX).
You will receive training a training plan that is specific to your qualification, with sessions that are delivered through a combination of face-to-face and remote.
Additional training for functional skills in English and Maths will be undertaken if needed.
You will receive monthly visits from your assigned Learning and Development Specialist, who will set you work, monitor your development and wellbeing, and discuss training sessions. They will also prepare you for your End Point Assessment to gain your Business Administration Level 3 qualification.
There is also a five-day teambuilding residential trip that is held in spring of each year.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Continue further CPD development.
- We invest in our employees future.
- Opportunity for a full-time position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4/A*-C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
HEREFORDSHIRE AND WORCESTERSHIRE GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.