Management Pathway Apprenticeship CANTERBURY CHRIST CHURCH UNIVERSITY
This role is a 24-month apprenticeship under which the apprentice will engage in on and off the job learning and development activities that will lead to a Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship. The role provides high quality administrative support for the academic courses of study, at all levels and modes of study.
Closing date: 09 Jan 2023
Salary will increase annually until Year 4 £23,144 and then annual increments as per the terms and conditions of employment.
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
11 Jan 2023
11 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This role is a 24-month apprenticeship under which the apprentice will engage in on and off the job learning and development activities that will lead to a Level 3 Business Administration.
The role provides high quality administrative support for the academic courses of study, at all levels and modes of study. As part of the Faculty Academic Administration team, the role holder will work closely with other support functions including Faculty Quality, Faculty Operations and other central services to support academic colleagues in delivering an outstanding student experience from admission to graduation.
The role holder will be an integral member of the course administration team providing support and perform key tasks in relation to specific subject areas under the direction of the Lead Course Administrator or Course Support Officer or Team Leader as relevant. The role holder will contribute to the overall success of academic administration within the subject area via the support, direction and training given. They will support the Faculty in meeting its operational objectives aligned to the Faculty and University strategic plans and will support delivery to ensure high quality service to all stakeholders.
An apprenticeship is a developmental role. You will be working towards the following duties and should be to be competent in carrying them out by the end of the apprenticeship. You will be fully supported, in line with the University’s approach to apprenticeships, and on completion, you will have developed knowledge, understanding and skills, in order to competently carry out the following:
- Attend relevant training and complete assignments as part of the apprenticeship programme along with off the job training elements
- It’s essential the requirements of the apprenticeship are met to ensure continued employment
- To provide support for key academic administration tasks, facilitating the student journey within the Faculty including but not limited to:
- Timetabling and rooming
- Assessment processes
- Exceptional circumstances
- Engagement with all relevant University systems and processes
- Attendance and engagement monitoring
- Other activities commensurate to the role
- To work collaboratively with academic staff to provide administrative support for course meetings e.g preparing agendas, writing minutes and maintaining a record of actions and following-up as required
- To act as the main administrative contact for students within their portfolio of courses and provide a high level of service to ensure an outstanding student experience, via CRM referrals from iZone
- To be an active member of the team, maintaining appropriate office systems and monitoring current processes, taking a proactive approach to ensure continuous process improvement
- To understand the basics of the university policies and procedures including course validation documentation, the Regulation and Credit Framework for the Conferment of Awards and Undergraduate Assessment and Award Processes from an administrative perspective and provide a point of contact for academic staff and students
- As directed by the Lead Course Administrator or Team Leader responsible for administering the Exceptional Circumstances (EC) process within their functional area, by ensuring Self-Certification and Evidence based EC requests are processed and decisions communicated to students in a timely manner, referring cases to the Course Support Officer, as appropriate
- To resolve day-to-day issues within agreed guidelines and in liaison with relevant parties
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills Level 2 in maths and English if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On successful completion of Level 3 apprenticeship, the role holder could progress to the Level 6 Chartered Manager (Degree) if the role holder meets the employers entry criteria.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
SR APPRENTICESHIPS LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.