At XBM Ltd, we like to ‘grow our own’ and we do this by investing in smart, polite, punctual and motivated individuals who are willing to learn and develop skills in customer service, IT & mechanical repairs, with the ultimate goal of becoming a Field Service Technician.
Closing date: 02 Dec 2022
The wage is £14,000 - £19,000 - Depending on experience
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
12 Dec 2023
11 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will achieve the goal of becoming a Field Service Technician by attending and successfully passing all manufacturer training courses in addition to an IT specific offsite / online course, as well as various other courses in fault finding, customer handling skills etc. A full clean driving licence will be required before progression to Field Service Technician.
Daily roles and responsibilities
- Unbox, configure and prepare new equipment prior to installation
- Recondition, service and repair used equipment prior to installation
- Assist other members of staff with installations and/or service repairs
- Maintain any tools, protective equipment and cleaning apparatus to the standard in which they were provided
- To work and conduct yourself in a safe manner at all times to ensure the protection and safety of yourself and others in your daily duties in accordance with companies health and safety
- Take ownership of tasks allocated to yourself in a quick and courteous manner
- Manage your time effectively whilst performing your daily duties
- Ensure paperwork be it electronic or manual is kept updated and complete within the standards and timescales outlined by management
- Ensure the correct company procedures and guidelines are followed when using equipment in conjunction with company health and safety policies
- To report issues and situations which may affect the companies' daily operations and procedures, such as absence or accidents so they can be recorded and monitored effectively and
promptly with the specified timescales to the appropriate manager
- Report to management any changes in your personal circumstances which may affect your daily duties performed for the company
- To attend and be prepared to attend all company/department meetings
- To maintain and uphold the highest standard of cleanliness, workmanship and appearance
- To attend and support any and all hospitality events held by the company
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 IT Solutions Technician (Hardware)
Firebrand is the leader in Accelerated Learning, and has grown to become a global business – with training centers around the world. Since its inception in 2001 the company has grown at an incredible rate; more than 30,000 students have now gained IT and project management certification through our unique Accelerated Learning methodology. We are a Microsoft Gold training partner and all our apprenticeship courses have been developed in conjunction with Microsoft, and the courses are regularly monitored by the Government, Microsoft and City & Guilds.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once fully qualified, apprentices will progress onto becoming a Field Service Technician.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
FIREBRAND TRAINING LIMITED
IT solutions technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.