Office Administrator Apprentice SLP PRINTS LTD
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join SLP Print to work as part of a team to provide administrative support across the business. As a successful, small yet highly motivated and growing business, we are looking for a driven individual with a strong desire to be a team player in a department assisting in all manners of administration.
Closing date: 09 Jul 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Shift hours TBC.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
15 Jul 2023
06 Dec 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To take calls by telephone, which may require taking and recording messages for other staff members, Making Notes, and administrating customer requests.
- To check and monitor the Sales team and Info email Inboxes throughout the day, responding to the e-mails received in accordance with company procedure.
- To create new customer accounts, ensuring correct input of address, contact and other required details in accordance with company procedure.
- To sort, open and file a company-addressed post, and distribute other titled/named posts to relevant staff members.
- The daily input or received deliveries into the MIS System (Tharsterns), filing of delivery notes and making the Office Manager / Owner aware of any incorrect and non-corresponding information to the relevant raised purchase order/s.
- To process and create using MIS System (Tharsterns), new sales orders, preparation works instructions and creation of T cards for production planning board.
- To process and create using MIS System (Tharsterns), Repeat Sales orders, preparation of works instructions and creation of T cards for production planning board.
- To process and create using MIS System (Tharsterns), Purchase orders for all works instructions under the supervision the Office Manager / Owner.
- To manage and ensure the delivery dates of raised purchase orders are met by the supplier, reporting any delayed materials to Customer Representative manager / Production Director .
- To manage and ensure delivery dates of purchased outsourced product are met by supplier, reporting any delayed product to Customer Representative manager / Production Director .
- To generate outsourced product enquiries on request, in accordance with company procedure.
- To prepare outsourced product quotation using MIS System (Tharsterns), under the supervision of the Customer Representative manager / Sales Director .
- To prepare weekly production reports on MIS System (Tharsterns), and print off relevant copies prior to weekly production meetings.
- To follow up and respond to any issues raised in relation to customer order/s which may require the creation of emails and communication by Telephone.
- To prepare two weekly raised quotations report on MIS System (Tharsterns), and print off relevant copies prior to two weekly sales meetings.
- To follow up and respond to any issues raised in relation to customer order/s which may require the creation of e-mails and communication by Telephone.
- To create reminders in relation to developments / samples and report and delays to Customer Representative manager / Sales Director .
- Month End Filing.
- Preparation of Sample Packs.
- Sample Approval proofing and Development filing.
- Filing of approved Proof Approvals.
- Organising and requesting Customer material samples.
- Responsible for the input and upkeep of paper pricing on MIS System (Tharsterns).
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
We will coach and develop the apprentice in their job role and support them in gathering the required evidence for the apprenticeship standard. We will carry out both curriculum and pastoral care. We will carry out the skills development workshop days on day release at college. We will oversee the teaching and learning around the knowledge, behaviours and skills elements of the qualifications, outlined below. We will manage the apprentice’s OneFile account ensuring targets, milestones and deadlines are achieved.
Mode of delivery: Training, observations and assessments carried out in the workplace. An assessor will visit the place of work every 6-8 weeks.
Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard at Level 3
- Support and engage with different parts of the organisation
- Interacting with internal or external customers
- Supporting functional areas
- Working across teams
- Resolving issues as requested
Personal and People Development
- Working on your own as well as part of a team, seeking help and guidance when you are not sure
Health, Safety and Security
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment
- Adhering to legislations appropriate to the industry
Equality and Diversity
- Follow the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion
Functional Skills Qualification
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential full-time job upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent IT (Grade C/4) Desired
About the employer
SLP PRINTS LTD
LUMINATE EDUCATION GROUP
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.