Childcare/Early Years Educator Apprentice Level 3 SHINE NURSERY LTD
To help and support key workers in their role and support children's activities and hygiene practices whilst following nursery policies and procedures. We are committed to safeguarding children and each team member must do the same.
Closing date: 14 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
19 Dec 2022
07 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The five main areas of this role are:
- To provide outstanding care and learning for children within the nursery
- To use your knowledge of child development to assess and plan for children’s progress
- To make strong attachments with the children in your care to keep them safe, understand them and meet their needs
- To form good relationships with parents and communicate well
- To keep meticulous records detailing planning, evidence of progress and attainment
- To provide outstanding standard of care and learning, supporting the personal, social and emotional development for children aged from 0 months to 4 years of age according to their individual needs
- To have an excellent understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage and Early Years outcomes in order to be able to assess children accurately and plan exciting learning to help children make rapid progress
- To ensure children have exciting learning opportunities and challenging interactions
- To have excellent interpersonal skills and confidence in order to communicate effectively with parents
- To work flexibly as part of a team
- To be committed to self-reflection, improvement and training
- Work with children
- Team work
- Observe and plan for children
- Liaise with parents
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Early Years Educator Level 3 Standard Apprenticeship Qualification
Training will be provided on an ongoing daily basis and when required. You will not be required to attend Dudley College premises as the course is delivered in the workplace only. An assessor will be allocated to you to progress/help you through you course. Continual assessments, coupled with assignments/or exams depending on course of study. Time spent training will be part of the agreed contracted hours of the working week.
At the end of your training, you will sit an exam and submit course work as part of your assessment, and you will receive a Level 3 qualification.
First Aid qualification.
English and maths qualifications form a mandatory part of all apprenticeships and must be completed before an apprentice can pass through gateway. The requirements are detailed in the current version of the apprenticeship funding rules.
Apprentices must successfully complete a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification. Please refer to the DfE list of approved EYE qualifications:
Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking their end point assessment. For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement, the apprenticeships English and maths minimum requirements are Entry Level 3, and the British Sign Language qualification is an alternative to English qualifications for apprentices for whom this is their primary language.
Apprentices must successfully complete the Apprentices must successfully complete a first aid qualification in line with the requirements of the EYFS Framework (Annex A): Early years foundation stage (EYFS) statutory framework - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We would like candidates that train would like to stay with us if a position becomes available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
BTEC or equivalent Childcare/Early Years Level 2 (Grade Pass or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
DUDLEY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.