We are looking for a confident and outgoing individual to join our customer-focused ICT Services team within Chesterfield College. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing high levels of customer service to a wide range of stakeholders within an IT environment.
Closing date: 13 Jan 2023
16-18 years of age, the rate of pay will be £10255.73 19+ the rate of pay will be £13,191.46
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
16 Jan 2023
26 Oct 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful candidate will be responsible for becoming the initial customer contact point for all ICT-related queries and will ensure incidents and requests are recorded accurately and resolved or escalated within agreed time frames, to ensure the customer receives the best experience possible.
Other duties include:
- Interacting well with customers, ensuring they are kept up to date and informed at all times
- Being the first point of call for customers, handling queries and responding appropriately
- Providing remote and face to face support to customers
- Recording, prioritising and responding to customer issues and concerns, in line with procedures and guidance provided by colleagues
- Working as part of a customer service-oriented team, explaining IT issues and solutions to customers and guiding them to appropriate resources
- Relaying feedback to the Helpdesk Manager and alerting them to urgent issues and emerging trends
- Assisting with administration and stock control e.g. contacting external suppliers to source goods and maintaining accurate inventories
- Playing a key role in a quality ICT service, by following processes and documentation and actively contributing to them and to the continuous improvement of the service
- Undertaking additional responsibilities and duties appropriate to the post, as directed by the Helpdesk Manager
- Supporting and actively promoting a commitment to the College’s Equal Opportunities policy and Health and Safety procedures
- Take responsibility for one’s own professional development and continually update as necessary, participating in appropriate staff development activities as required including the Professional Development Review
- Promote a positive image of the College and the work that is carried out across its various services
- Comply with all legislative and regulatory requirements
- Apply the College’s own Safeguarding Policy and practices and attend training as requested
- Show a commitment to diversity, equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practices. The post holder is expected to comply with and promote the College’s Equal Opportunities Policy in all aspects of their duties and responsibilities
- Carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibility of the job
- Take an active role in the health, safety and welfare of students and staff, attending training and carrying out health and safety related activities as appropriate to the role
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence.
You will be expected to work towards the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group.
As part of your apprenticeship, and dependent on your prior attainment, you may be required to complete maths and English Functional Skills which is an integral part of your apprenticeship.
Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition for these qualifications.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Working alongside our experienced Desktop Support Technicians, you will also assist with deploying, maintaining and supporting classroom/office hardware and software, which will provide the foundations to progress onto a Level 3 Digital qualification
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent GCSE Maths (Grade 3/D or above) Essential
BTEC or equivalent IT (Grade Level 3) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
0345 850 1055
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.