Childcare Apprenticeship – NVQ Level 2 FLYING HIGH NURSERY SCHOOL LIMITED
The apprenticeship lasts for 13 months and will be supported by an assessor throughout the apprenticeship, as well as a mentor within the nursery. This Apprenticeship requires dedication, commitment & punctuality for you to be successful. This Apprenticeship will open doors to a variety of future roles & career paths within the Childcare Sector.
Closing date: 09 Jan 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
10 Jan 2023
25 Oct 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Supporting the development of the childcare provision
- Providing an excellent range of activities that ensures that the child learns whilst having fun
- Assisting the facility in meeting OFSTED requirements
- Being a team player
- Providing challenging and stimulating activities for all children appropriately
- Undertaking First Aid training as required
- Undertaking training as appropriate to meet any changes in standards or appropriate legal requirements as required
- Ensuring that all Health and Hygiene requirements are always adhered to
- Responsibility for equal opportunity in delivery, access, and attitude in aspects of service delivery and management
- Working with teams across the Centre
- Supporting children’s learning and development, including supporting planning and observations
- Preparing and maintaining the environment and resources for the children
- Preparation of food for breakfast, snack, lunch, and tea
- Supporting children’s self-help needs
- Being creative and enthusiastic
- Following safeguarding rules
- Working within confidentiality guidelines
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Your apprenticeship will last for 13 months. You will be supported by an assessor throughout your apprenticeship, as you progress through your apprenticeship your duties and responsibilities will alter as you develop the skills for a successful career in childcare. Your academy days will be based in Birmingham, you are required to attend 13 academy days spread out over the first 13 weeks of your apprenticeship and you will gain an NVQ Level 2.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
During the Intermediate Apprenticeship in childcare, you will have access to excellent training and development opportunities within the role, with the potential to progress on the Advanced Diploma, Level 3 Apprenticeship Early Years Educator.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or Above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
FLYING HIGH NURSERY SCHOOL LIMITED
LEAPING MAN LEARNING LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.