A very involved role in a busy, successful kitchen. Full training will be provided by an exceptional head-chef, and so you can expect to develop your skills within this industry and have plenty of opportunity for career progression. Strong performance will be rewarded with pay-increase and offer of a permanent role at the end of apprenticeship.
Closing date: 06 Jan 2023
To increase based on performance after an agreed period.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
12 Jan 2023
20 Oct 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Full responsibility for and management of own kitchen section (starter, sides and desserts)
- Food preparation at start of shift (and top-up if needed during the day). Examples of this are salad preparation, vegetable portions, cold elements for dishes (feta cheese, some sauces/dips)
- Attending to own elements on incoming cheques (food orders)
- Helping with wash-up when needed
- Maintaining a clean and tidy station
- Adhering to food hygiene standards (food labelling, temperatures, correct use of chopping boards etc.)
- Cleaning down at the end of the shift
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Production Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Food hygiene
- Knife Skills/Food preparation
- Use of specialist kitchen equipment
- Maintenance of required documentation
- In-house, full-time, work-based training in a functioning pub/restaurant kitchen
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Permanent role available at end of apprenticeship if candidate performs well
- There is a potential for a salary increase if expected standards are met
- Manager looking to take on second establishment in near future, so will be opportunities there
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
WIGAN AND LEIGH COLLEGE
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.