Encore Packaging Solutions based in Peterlee & part of the Encore Group, are looking to recruit a manufacturing apprentice. The role will require the ideal candidate to work, assist and train as an operator on our Heidelberg CX_102 printing press. They will be required to assist in the management of machine ink, paper, chemicals & printing plates.
Closing date: 05 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
12 Dec 2022
13 Oct 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Daily duties to include;
- Actively participate in your own development plan
- Learn to make Lithographic Printing plates
- Learn about the properties of different paper substrates and their printing properties
- Learn how to make a press ready for print (to include loading plates, paper and ink)
- Understand the chemistry of how offset lithography works
- Understand how to change press consumables (to include blankets and press chemistry)
- Run the press
- Understand quality standards, and troubleshoot printing issues
- Work as part of a team
- Work towards key performance standards, but always recognising that quality is paramount
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative Apprenticeship Standard
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required - if not required, maths and English upskill will still be provided but you do not need to sit an exam
- Preparation for End Point Assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of permanent employment and going on to complete further qualifications.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 / C and above) Desired
About the employer
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.