Sports Apprentice to support the delivery of PE and to play an important role in improving the health and wellbeing of children at Holy Cross by delivering fun, inclusive and engaging activities that help to bring about a change in physical activity habits.
Closing date: 19 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
14 Jan 2023
11 Oct 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The Governors of Holy Cross Catholic Primary School, Plymouth are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Sports Apprentice with a passion for sport and physical activity, a love for working with children and a commitment to raising aspirations.
They are keen to accommodate the best candidates who will make a positive impact on our school and standards. Applicants with experience are encouraged to apply.
- A welcoming school with a strong Catholic ethos.
- Children who are polite, happy and motivated to learn.
- A supportive staff team who genuinely want the best for our pupils.
- A commitment to your own professional development.
The successful candidate will:
- Be happy to support the Catholic ethos of our school.
- Be committed to creating challenge, excitement, creativity and independence in learning.
- Be dedicated to raising standards and be a good role model.
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Be dynamic, resilient and hard working with a positive nature.
- Be able to work as part of a team and establish positive relationships with pupils, parents, governors and staff.
- Have a reflective and evaluative approach to their practice.
Duties will include:
- To support the delivery of PE lessons alongside the teacher/external coaches.
- To support in-class learning across a range of age groups and subjects.
- To prepare equipment and resources for PE lessons and activities.
- To run after school activities to promote a healthy, active lifestyle.
- To support the school in the delivery of their curriculum as needed.
- Offering pastoral support for small groups or individuals.
- Working alongside other staff members to promote wellbeing.
- Lunch time supervision/clubs/activities.
- Competition management and assistance at events.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Over the 16-month Level 2 Community Activator apprenticeship standard, you will work towards the following:
. Level 2 Community Activator qualification
· Behaviours, Skills, and Knowledge
· Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
· End-Point Assessment (EPA)
You will have regular visits at the workplace from a designated College assessor to observe your progress and competence in the role you are carrying out.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There may be the potential for full-time employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Math (Grade 4-9 (A*-C)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE FOOTBALL IN THE COMMUNITY TRUST
Community activator coach
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.