Customer Service and Administration Apprentice WEST CHESHIRE CREDIT UNION LTD
This is an ideal opportunity to join a fast growing and community focused saving and loan co-operative based in the heart of Chester. Operating as a community bank the successful candidate will join a small team overseeing customer transactions and administration duties to support a range of activities.
Closing date: 09 Jan 2023
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
23 Jan 2023
27 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The candidate will work across a number of areas to take advantage of the opportunity to learn essential skills and knowledge relating to customer services, business administration, loan processing and handling enquiries from members of the public.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities; (Will report to the Office Manager)
- Deal with customer enquiries, both face to face, over the telephone and via email
- Responsible for the updating of members accounts daily, via bank downloads and other means.
- Perform daily account reconciliations of members accounts
- Administration of payroll deduction accounts and liaise with such organisations to resolve any outstanding anomalies
- Work in collaboration with the West Cheshire Credit Union loans team and credit controller
- Regularly scan hard copy paperwork and upload to the electronic database
- Assist members where necessary with the completion of paperwork, including loan applications and share withdrawals.
- Process payments / withdrawals at the Head Office front desk
- Manage and develop a user-friendly system of filing members details
- Work in partnership with the West Cheshire Credit Union Treasurer to undertake regular bank reconciliation’s
- Monitor and update internal office procedural guidelines
- Liaise with other West Cheshire Credit Union offices to resolve outstanding member account enquiries
- Provide support to committees involved with West Cheshire Credit Union when required on the request of the Office Manager
- Work in collaboration with the West Cheshire Credit Union Credit Controller to provide data and information as required
- Ensuring General Data Protection Regulations are followed, and any breaches reported directly to the General Manager
- Work within the parameters of published Health and Safety Guidelines
- Report any suspicions of Money Laundering are reported swiftly and in accordance with the internal Anti Money Laundering Policy
- To undertake such duties as required by the nature and interests of the business as required by the General Manager or Board of Directors.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training will be provided in administration, customer service, credit control and loan processing.
The candidate will follow a Level 2 Apprenticeship programme and study towards a full Level 2 Customer Service Practioner Level 2. This training will be structured and delivered by Cheshire College – South & West. If the candidate does not hold GCSE grades A-C (9-4) or equivalent, they will be required to complete a Level 1 Functional Skill in the relevant subject.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As the business is rapidly growing the candidate will have the opportunity to work across all areas, giving experience in a variety of areas that will be of benefit to the individual and future organisations.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 4/Grade C or above) Desired
About the employer
WEST CHESHIRE CREDIT UNION LTD
CHESHIRE COLLEGE SOUTH AND WEST
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.