This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join a vibrant GP practice in Cornwall as a Medical Reception Apprentice.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2022
Hourly rate: 16-18 £6.50 19 and over £7.50 A review will be conducted at 6 months.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
17 Oct 2022
08 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The following are the core responsibilities of the apprentice. There may be on occasion, a requirement to carry out other tasks; this will be dependent upon factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- Answering the telephone within agreed timescales with a professional and pleasant manner
- Dealing with patient queries both personal and via telephone accurately, efficiently and effectively
- Registering patients on the clinical system whether they are a regular, immediately necessary or temporary resident accurately and completely
- Accurately taking messages including patient details, contact details and specifics of the message and convey to the appropriate person using appropriate methods of communication dependant on urgency
- Booking appointments accurately with the appropriate clinician using the clinical system
- Signposting and prioritising patients in line with appropriate training
- Taking appropriate and accurate demographic/personal details of patients to include disabilities, carer status and other details relating to equality and diversity
- Rescheduling patient appointments in the event of unplanned clinician absence
- Organising transport (emergency and non-emergency) if required
- Processing change of address instructions
- Following all start up and close down procedures daily to ensure security of the IT system and buildings
- Taking delivery of stock supplies, being mindful of delivery instructions such as refrigeration requirements and acting upon them
- Processing and distributing incoming and outgoing mail in an efficient and timely way
- Scanning incoming mail and faxes into a digital format via work flow including send to appropriate member of staff for coding, filing and further work flowing
- Dealing with incoming confidential emails efficiently
- Retrieving, copying and filing general paper documents
- Providing clerical assistance to practice staff as required including data processing, filing, photocopying and scanning
- Compiling new patient registration packs
- Registering new patients
- Deducting outgoing patients
- Administering death notifications. Carrying out specific, additional administrative tasks as requested and agreed with the line manager and/or Practice Manager as required for the day to day running of the service
- Using the clinical system effectively to inform clinical staff of relevant information relating to their patient
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be working towards a Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship standard.
You will receive on and off the job training and support from an assessor and an apprenticeship advisor.
You will be required to attend Cornwall College St Austell on a regular basis as part of the apprenticeship training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We are a large practice with a large team of reception and administrative staff. Potential for ongoing full-time employment upon completion of apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent IT (Grade C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.