Apprentice Accountant H M Williams Chartered Certified Accountants
This is a great opportunity to start your career in Accountancy and will cover a range of accounting and bookkeeping functions, such as getting involved in performing day to day bookkeeping transactions for clients and drafting their VAT returns. There will be the potential for progressing to subsequent qualifications.
Closing date: 05 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
19 Oct 2022
08 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
A broad range of accounting and finance tasks will be undertaken providing experience across our activities. Tasks at some point would include:
- Processing purchase Ledger invoices
- Supplier payments
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Matching the bank feeds
- Month-end journals
- Dealing with intercompany management charges
- Understanding the various accounting software in use
- General admin, including a lot of ad-hoc duties, assisting the owners in both administration, finance and other duties, getting to really know the business, including
- Providing occasional cover on the telephone support
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will undertake the “Accounts / Finance Assistant” Apprenticeship (an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Accounting), with full support from Accountancy Learning as part of their Flexible Apprenticeship Programme.
Assessment will be by an “End Point Assessment”, which will include the following two elements:
- A Structured Interview. This will consist of 10 questions asked by an AAT Independent Assessor. It will last 60 minutes and will be performed remotely via the AAT on-line video portal. The questions will allowing you to to display the knowledge and experience you have obtained over your apprenticeship. You will build a Portfolio of reflections and product evidence that will be used to support your answers to these 10 questions.
- An In-tray Test. This will be undertaken under exam conditions and will last 105 minutes. It will be based on what you have studied in your AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting.
Successful completion of the AAT (Level 2) Foundation Certificate in Accounting is a mandatory element of the Accounts / Finance Assistant Apprenticeship. Your Apprenticeship will therefore include formal studies towards this qualification. It is anticipated that your apprenticeship duration will be for 15 months, although earlier completion is possible, provided the duration exceeds one year and a week.
You will receive support from both the employer, and the training provider, to complete and achieve your Apprenticeship and will be given time to study during the week on a day release basis. As you are working towards a professional qualification, it is also expected that you will continue your studies outside of normal office hours.
As you learn more in both the office and in your studies your responsibilities, and the variety of tasks you undertake, are expected to increase.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We see this position as a stepping stone for an ambitious candidate to kick start their career in the accountancy profession
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent Any subject (Grade A - C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
ACCOUNTANCY LEARNING LTD
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)