Reception & Administration Apprentice Arden Medical Centre
Patients are at the centre of what we do & we’re looking for someone to share our ethos & enhance our team. Role includes reception duties & administration. Required to support patients with queries alongside supporting clinical staff & the practice manager. Working as part of a team with members of the reception & administration department.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
05 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments
- Ensure that any problems not resolved by the end of a shift are communicated to fellow receptionists
- Explain Practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover and ensure necessary processes are completed
- Receive and make telephone calls as required. Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery
- Enter requests for home visits, ensuring careful recording of all relevant details and where necessary refer to Duty Doctor. Print encounter forms for all patients requesting home visits
- Action repeat prescription requests and ensure that they are ready for collection by the patient within 48 hours. Ensure that scripts that need to be collected by the chemist are marked appropriately
- To accurately update and monitor patient records including, recording appointments, registration, change of address, correspondence sent / received, service provider updates
- Chaperone patients if requested
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private (non General Medical Services) services, accept payment and issue receipts for same including maintaining an accurate petty cash record
- Computer data entry, processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures
- To attend meetings, training and conferences as appropriate for the role and as required
- Ensure an effective, efficient and courteous reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the Practice
- Scan and electronically file patient information on to the clinical system
- Scan and electronically file administration documents on to the clinical system
- Workflow scanned documents to clinicians
Management of medical records
- Retrieve and re-file records as requested, ensuring that strict alphabetical order is adhered to
- File ad hoc reports / letters to patient paper notes
- Copying of paper notes for various reports
- Read code various screening reports (i.e. breast screening / bowel screening etc) under direction of the Practice Manager
- Provide administrative support to members of the primary health care team in various areas
- Entering non-clinical data on to the computer
- Assisting the Practice Manager in audits
- Shredding of confidential data
- Undertake any other additional duties appropriate to the post as requested by the Partners, the Practice Manager or the Senior Receptionist
- Make and serve refreshments for colleagues and visitors
- Ensure all areas are kept clean, tidy and free from obstructions and clutter
- Open up premises at the start of the day when first to arrive, de-activate alarm and make all necessary preparations to receive patients
- When last to leave at the end of the day, ensure that the building is totally secured, internal lights are off and the alarm activated
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 customer service practitioner apprenticeship
- Level 1 functional skills English & maths (progressing to level 2) depending on prior achievement
- End point assessment
20% off the job learning time to include direct online study, research, assessor set activities, shadowing experienced employees, in-house training as directed by employer.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On successful completion of the apprenticeship the candidate will have the opportunity to move to a permanent role within the organisation and be supported to work towards further qualifications if desired.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 (C) and above) Desired
About the employer
SOLIHULL COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITY CENTRE
0121 678 7148
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.