HR assistant apprenticeship BISHOP CHADWICK CATHOLIC EDUCATION TRUST
The aim of Bishop Chadwick Catholic Education Trust is to provide an outstanding education for all students attending schools within the Trust. We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and enthusiastic HR Support Level 3 Apprentice who will complement the professional work of teachers and colleagues within the school.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2022
Full time (all year round) £4.81 per hour
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
25 Oct 2022
01 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To provide administrative support for the people team and schools across the Trust. This includes providing support for recruitment, employee data, payroll and HR administration.
Overall Objectives of the Post:
- Support HR administrative requirements for the Trust central team i.e: providing monthly information to payroll, managing vacancies and supporting new starter and leaver processes.
- Offer support for school business colleagues
- Provide recruitment and selection, support interview arrangements, new starter processes and pre-employment checks in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education.
- Maintain and update data Information systems accurately.
- Update and coordinate the professional development calendar for the Trust, scheduling training sessions and liaising with delegates.
Key Operational Tasks of the Post:
- Support with the organisation and administration of recruitment and selection.
- Completing the required pre-employment checks for new starters within the central team.
- Produce, and support school business colleagues to create Contracts of Employment, supporting initial queries relating to recruitment and contractual terms.
- Lead on a range of administrative tasks for the central team, including managing the Trust vacancies page, supporting recruitment processes, employee communications, employee data, absence tracking and employee training records.
- Assist the people team with single central record audits, offering support to school business leads, providing risk assessment templates and supporting the professional development/training.
- Provide initial advice to queries relating to policies, procedures, contracts and processes.
- Minute the Joint Consultation Committee meetings for the Trust.
- Attend meetings and prepare associated documentation.
- Support the people Team with administration such as taking minutes for the Trust JCC meetings, organising and preparing paperwork for hearings, or attending meetings as a note taker when needed.
- Build effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets and/or information systems to ensure that reliable data is available and accurate.
- Providing accurate and timely reports as and when required. Ensuring compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations.
- Comply with Health and Safety policies, organisations statements and procedures, report any incidents/accidents/hazards and take pro-active approach to health and safety matters in order to protect both yourself and others
- Support the vision, values and catholic ethos of the Trust and individual schools.
- Actively seek to identify opportunities to enhance delivery of HR services for the Trust, and proactively offer advice and guidance where appropriate.
- Advising on policy and procedure and contractual information.
- Supporting the development of strong communication and feedback channels with all staff to support employee engagement in conjunction with the people team, support activities linked to organisational change, including supporting restructure processes where required.
- Developing and maintaining working relationships with outside agencies and organisations i.e. Local Authorities, Central Government Departments, Trade Unions, professional bodies etc
- Raising the profile and continuously improving the image and professional credibility of Bishop Chadwick Catholic Education Trust
- Engage in promoting and ‘living’ the values and ethos of the Trust.
- Continuously strengthen skills and knowledge required for the role.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- HR Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Functional skills if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Further progression may well be available in other areas within our sector, upon successful completion of the HR support Level 3 (A level) apprenticeship standard
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
About the employer
BISHOP CHADWICK CATHOLIC EDUCATION TRUST
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.