IT Technician Apprentice (Harlaxton Engineering Services) Harlaxton Engineering Services
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice with Harlaxton Engineering Services, a utilities company based in Grantham.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
31 Oct 2022
31 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- General IT related administrative duties.
- Check operation of all software.
- Check for updates to Firewall, Equallogics and VMWare.
- Manage door entry, alarm and CCTV systems.
- Responsibility for allocating, issuing, setup of IT for all new starters.
- Setup of new IT Printers and plotters.
- Website design support including legislative compliance.
- Management of company accounts, emails including creating, disabling users as required, changing passwords and resetting accounts.
- Manage company phone system, including desktop and mobile.
- Any requested assistance with user equipment including applications, log/manage calls with support companies if required.
- Maintain changes to network documentation.
- Maintain Access database.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance.
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.