SDDE Smith Group is looking for a hardworking, driven and passionate candidate to join their team as they get set for further growth in 2022. As an Accountant Apprentice, you will get a real flavour of accountancy. You’ll gain practical, hands-on experience across different departments of the business.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
03 Oct 2022
25 Aug 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an integral member of the finance team you will provide support to both internal staff and external clients and will work predominately with their team at the Skelton office.
Part of your role will involve assisting in the day-to-day financial activities, these will include but are not limited to:
- Data entry.
- Month end.
- Management accounts.
- Year-end financial accounts.
- Preparation of bookkeeping & management accounts for small and medium entities for management accountants.
- Working with spreadsheets.
- Plan workload to ensure efficient use of time and resources.
- Filing and archiving financial statements and accounting files.
- Preparation of financial records for client billing.
- Assisting with general administrative duties including filing, answering the telephone and supporting the team to meet deadlines as required.
As an apprentice you will be supported by the organisation through an appropriate study package.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Accounts/Finance Assistant at Stockton Riverside College.
- AAT Level 2
- Functional Skills Maths & English, if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
About the employer
THE EDUCATION TRAINING COLLECTIVE
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.