Reception and Administrator Apprentice SAFFRON GROUP PRACTICE
The practice offers a defined career structure for our Reception/Admin staff, and therefore is able to offer you the opportunity to expand and develop your skills. If this sounds like the type of environment you would enjoy working in and you are keen to develop your existing skills then please apply.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
19 Oct 2022
16 Aug 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will need to have a positive, calm and friendly, hardworking attitude and be able to work as part of a large team. With nearly 18,000 patients we are a busy practice so the ability to work in a fast-paced environment is also important.
The practice offers extended opening hours and therefore reception staff work on a rota covering the hours 7.30 am to 7.30 pm. Some flexibility will be required to cover holidays and sickness.
- Opening post and forwarding to correct team/department
- Filing prescriptions in alphabetical order
- Issuing prescriptions
- Handling confidential data/patient records
- Communicating with patients over the phone and face to face
- Faxing referrals and updating patient records
- Dealing with queries from patients re prescriptions, referrals and appointments
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner
- Functional skills in maths and English if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Fully trained Reception/Administrator with a view to being offered a full-time role.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.