Nursery Assistant Apprentice KEIGHLEY COMMUNITY NURSERY
As an apprentice you are encouraged to work as part of the nursery team to gain as much practical experience as possible throughout the duration of your course. Although you will be welcomed an encouraged to work alongside qualified staff, there are some basic rules that must apply.
Closing date: 09 Jul 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday between 7:30am to 6pm all year round.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
16 Jul 2023
19 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To support the staff team and assist in the provision of a good quality and consistent childcare service for 0 - 8 year olds.
- To assist staff plan and organise activities and provide opportunities to develop the children’s skills, knowledge and learning.
- To support qualified staff with daily routines in the nursery.
- To learn how to provide high quality childcare to our children.
- To support staff to manage the children’s behaviour and routines in line with the settings policies and guidelines.
- To complete and submit work to agreed timelines.
- To work within the nursery’s child protection and equal opportunities policies.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach using your initiative and showing resilience to take responsibility for getting things done.
- To follow the EYFS when caring for our children.
- To gain a good understanding of child development and how this is important when caring for children.
- To build positive relationships with the children, families, colleagues and internal/external professionals demonstrating appropriate behaviour and expectations.
- To understand and promote the ethos of KCN and uphold the highest standards of childcare.
- To understand and observe the rules of confidentiality.
- To take part in and support fundraising events.
- To attend staff meetings, supervision and training so as to improve skills and knowledge and develop a positive attitude that enhances practice.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
We will support and coach the apprentice through the apprenticeship standard. We will carry out both curriculum and pastoral care. We will carry out the skills development workshop days off site. We will oversee the teaching and learning around the knowledge, behaviours and skills elements of the standard, outlined below. We will manage the apprentices OneFile account ensuring targets, milestones and deadlines are achieved.
Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)
Award in Paediatric First Aid
Will be required one day a week
Supporting healthy lifestyles and physical care for children
Prompting and understanding children's well-beings
Understanding legislation in relation to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children
Understanding and supporting and developing childrens literacy and mathematical skills
Prompting childrens speech, language and communication
Promoting childrens physical development
Promoting childrens personal, social and emotional development
Supporting children with additional needs
Personal and people Development
Working on your own as well as part of a team, seeking help and guidance when you are not sure
Health, Safety and Security
Maintain a safe and healthy working environment
Adhering to legislations appropriate to the industry
Equality and Diversity
Follow the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion
Functional Skills Qualification
Level 2 Functional Skills in English
Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths
End point assessment : support learner with portfolio, multiple choice question exam, observation and interview with the end point assessor.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential full time job upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Childcare (Grade C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
KEIGHLEY COMMUNITY NURSERY
LUMINATE EDUCATION GROUP
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.