Apprentice Highways Operative CARNELL GROUP HOLDINGS LIMITED
As our Apprentice Highways Operative, you are kick-starting an exciting journey and start to your career within Construction and Highways Maintenance. You will have a dedicated Mentor who is highly qualified and experienced in the role you are learning; they will be your personal coach who will help you achieve your qualification.
Closing date: 02 Sep 2022
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
03 Sep 2022
5 days ago
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Responsibilities will include:
· Kerbings / Edgings
· Flagging / Trenching
· Drainage works
· Cable pulling
Health & Safety
· Working considerately and safely around all other road users and local communities
· Ensuring all works are completed to the highest quality in line with the design and specification of the project
· Completing any necessary paperwork
· Attending start of shift team briefings
· Supporting Senior Staff (Supervisors / Engineers) in the completion of inspection and testing of completed works in line with the Inspection Test Plan (ITP)
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Groundworker, Level 2
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There will be a position available on completion for the right candidate, you will be apart of a flagship cohort of apprentices that Carnell are looking to progress into management and leadership positions.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade D/3) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)