Plumbing and Heating Apprenticeship Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council
Plumbing & Heating Apprenticeship... the successful candidates will work alongside experienced colleagues carrying out the plumbing aspects involved in Installing Bathrooms & Kitchens, carrying out repairs fixing leaks, replacing pipe work / radiators etc... as well as carrying out bits of other trades.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2022
After 12 months the rate of pay goes up to NMW for your age group.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
09 Jan 2023
02 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main Duties and Responsibilities will be:
· Will be expected to undertake training to complete a full range of Plumbing Heating repairs, maintenance and installation works.
· To carry out routine and/or planned maintenance in relation Plumbing & Heating.
· Carry out responsive repairs i.e. fixing leaking fixtures and fittings i,e taps, sinks, showers, basins, baths, radiators, outside taps etc… as well as fixing heating systems.
· Installation of Plumbing & Heating systems i.e. replacing complete heating systems boilers, radiators etc… or installing the plumbing parts of new kitchens and bathrooms.
· Working within all aspects of Health and Safety Regulations.
· To carry out all instructions issued to you by your Manager or Supervisor, or any person responsible with your training.
Attend and complete all training and development courses as required.
Attend a suitable college or training provider selected by the authority to carry out the training related to the qualification.
To carry out on site and college based learning in compliance with Sandwell MBC employee Code of Conduct and work safe ethics.
To seek continuous improvement in all aspects of work and college based learning and to take part in reviews to assess this improvement.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The successful candidate will receive full on the job training from experienced colleagues in Plumbing & Heating and all connected trades. They will attend College one day a week and be visited in the work place by their assessor to help guide them along the work required. There will then be a practical end point assessment at the end and on completion you get a Plumbing & Heating L3 Standard qualification.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This qualification and experience will massively improve your employability and prospects for the future.
There can be no promises of further employment after the apprenticeship at this stage however if you work hard and impress your colleagues, supervisors and management team there could be further opportunities on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C+/4+ or Functional Skill L2) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Plumbing and domestic heating technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.