Teaching Assistant Standard Apprenticeship The Chadderton Preparatory Grammar School
We are looking to appoint 1 x Level 3 Apprentice to join our team to provide valuable, practical assistance to class teachers in both the classroom and supporting pupils as lunch time and in the holiday club. The successful candidate will be able to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
Closing date: 09 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
12 Dec 2022
02 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- The Classroom Assistant will be responsible for providing teacher support in the delivery of the School curriculum where appropriate.
- The Classroom Assistant will assist the Class Teacher in providing a stimulating, caring and supportive classroom environment.
- The Classroom Assistant will be required to support children with special educational needs by providing encouragement, guidance and patience.
- The Classroom Assistant will be expected to participate in School Visits.
- The Classroom Assistant is required to provide contributions to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual pupils and groups of pupils.
- The Classroom Assistant will be required to participate in any arrangements for the appraisal of his/her performance.
- Promoting the general well-being of individual pupils and of any class or group of pupils assigned to him/her,
- Communicating and consulting with the parents of pupils,
- Communicating and co-operating with persons or bodies outside school,
- Participating in meetings arranged for any of the purposes described above,
- Providing for the care and welfare of pupils to include supervising toileting and changing nappies,
- Providing for the care and welfare of pupils to include supervisory responsibilities outside the classroom, to include mealtimes, breaks etc. as required by the Headteacher
- The Classroom Assistant will have responsibility for ensuring his/her methods of childcare and programmes of work are constantly reviewed and where appropriate updated. The classroom assistant will be responsible for maintaining high standards of behaviour among the pupils and safeguarding their health and safety, both when they are authorised to be on the school premises and when they are engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere.
- The Classroom Assistant will be required to participate in administrative and organisational tasks related to such duties as are described above.
- The Classroom Assistant will be required to supervise assemblies when necessary, register the attendance and supervise pupils where necessary.
- During working hours and on any occasions when representing the school, the Classroom Assistant will be required to work in a professional manner in all aspects of behaviour, eg. attending meetings and appointments punctually and wearing an acceptable standard of dress.
- Specific Duties:
- To put out and check name tags for water bottles
- To bring the break time juice to the classroom
- To put out and wash the cups after juice time
- To prepare the classroom and the resources for the day
- To change children who have had an accident
- To change nappies as required, to complete the record book and leave the Nappy Change clean and tidy
- To change reading books
- To tidy the reading books and keep books in the correct order
- To assist the children with coats and bags at the beginning and end of the day
- To check equipment
- To sharpen pencils / pencil crayons
- To tidy baskets on the tables
- To record daily sheets and/or reading record / home-school book
- To assist with preparing the room for the end of the day, eg. locking windows, closing blinds etc.
- To complete relevant H&S checks
- To clean trays at the end of the week
- To check on resources needed for the following week
- To ensure that art areas are tidy and equipment washed
- To tidy the classroom and ensure that all games and resources are complete
- To help the teacher to stick in worksheets
- To assist the teacher with display work
- To assist the teacher with planning and preparation
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
Functional Skills English L2 (will already have achieved, so not required)
Functional Skills Maths L2 (will already have achieved, so not required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Any successful apprenticeship who demonstrates the ability and necessary skills to carry out the role of a L3 TA to a high standard, would be considered for any vacancies that may arise in the school. This would be part of a further recruitment process.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A-C/9-4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
THE OLDHAM COLLEGE
0161 785 4072
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.