As an apprentice you are encouraged to work as part of the nursery team to gain as much practical experience as possible throughout the duration of your course. You will be welcomed and encouraged to work alongside qualified staff, in addition to gaining qualifications that will help you to start your career in the childcare sector.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
03 Aug 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice you are encouraged to work as part of the nursery team to gain as much practical experience as possible throughout the duration of your course.
- Support qualified staff with daily routines in the nursery
Learn how to provide high quality childcare to our children
- Work with all age groups
- Understand the values and principles of the sector and implement them in your daily routine with the children
Follow the EYFS when caring for our children
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- First Aid
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Progression available for the right candidate
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Childcare (Grade pass) Desired
About the employer
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)