To meet customers’ requirements and present as the “professional” in customer support to both internal & external customers & suppliers for the safe and efficient transport of cargo effectively and in accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements including Health & Safety.
Closing date: 15 Sep 2022
Starts at £14625 p.a., rising to £16,575 pa after 6 months & £18,525 after 1 year
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
20 Sep 2022
29 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main purpose of the job/apprenticeship:
To meet customers’ requirements and present as the “professional” in customer support to both internal & external customers & suppliers for the safe and efficient transport of cargo effectively and in accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements including Health & Safety
Some of the Key Tasks of a Customer Service Specialist:
You will be given training and support to enable you to be fully proficient in the below:
- Communicate effectively in a professional manner with customers & suppliers.
- Receive jobs, review for accuracy & allocate to service providers.
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas including customs declarations.
- Validate shipment routing against operating procedures and guidelines (exports).
- Confirm departure (exports).
- Arrange collection from carriers and onward delivery to customer (imports) & monitor proof of delivery.
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively (via use of PC's, fax machines, telephone, etc.) with internal and external customers, suppliers, and other offices, as required by operational procedures.
- In conjunction with others, plan collection or deliveries.
- Proactive support of Customer Service teams.
- Liaise with external suppliers to monitor job progress.
- Irregularity handling and escalation as appropriate to
next level (Team Leader or Manager).
- Earn whilst you Learn – You will receive a salary and receive training and guidance from experienced professionals in the industry whilst completing an industry recognised apprenticeship.
- Become part of a Company that invests in you. If you show the desire to learn and the work ethic to progress, there will always be opportunities within DSV.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Customer Service Specialist
- Functional Skills in maths and English if exemptions cannot be provided
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
If you show the desire to learn and the work ethic to progress, there will always be opportunities within DSV.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SR APPRENTICESHIPS LIMITED
Customer service specialist
Level 3 (A level)