Our centralised corporate services departments operate on a global scale, but work like a local team. Combining their experience and expertise, they work collaboratively with the aim to continuously improve our vital people and business functions. This is an exciting opportunity if you are looking to advance or start your career.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
08 Sep 2022
01 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Provide 1st line operational support for computer systems, networks and video infrastructure to the business
- Complete routine hardware and software maintenance tasks
- Administer and follow up on support for 2nd/3rd Line tickets via the self-service ticketing system.
- Assisting the IT support Engineers, with global project work that is being undertaken.
- Assisting with user setups, user creation, and sourcing of IT equipment for employees. including purchasing and maintenance of IT equipment and supplies
- Working collaboratively with the wider IT team on changes and implementation throughout the entire organisation.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Firebrand is the leader in Accelerated Learning and has grown to become a global business with training centres around the world. Since its inception in 2001 the company has grown at an incredible rate; more than 30,000 students have now gained IT and project management certification through our unique Accelerated Learning methodology. We are a Microsoft Gold training partner and all our apprenticeship courses have been developed in conjunction with Microsoft and the courses are regularly monitored by the Government, Microsoft and City & Guilds. You will attend our residential training centre to complete your training. Full list of qualifications to be achieved can be found here - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/information-communications-technician-v1-0
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We can offer the chance to work in one of the world’s most exciting industries. From acquisition to image processing, research and development, our people innovate collaboratively from sensor to image - a continuous loop between people and technology.
Working with highly driven, skilled, and dedicated colleagues, both on and offshore.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SHEARWATER GEOSERVICES LIMITED
FIREBRAND TRAINING LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.