Reception and Business Support Apprentice St Neots Surgery
A new and challenging role for a confident person who can keep calm under pressure and to become part of a well established medical reception and business support team. This position will include face to face contact with patients and assisting with telephone enquiries and administrative duties.
Closing date: 09 Dec 2022
Pay will increase to £7.50 per hour after a successful 6 month probationary period.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
12 Dec 2022
28 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Responsibilities will vary but will include;
- Supporting a busy reception/administration team in dealing with patients both face to face and over the phone
- Booking patients in for routine appointments and handling general enquiries both direct to patients and over the phone as necessary
- Liaising with GPs and other NHS partners
- Administration tasks to include;
- Scanning of documents
- Photocopying notes and reports
- Filing patients notes and marrying together new patient notes
- General administration tasks as necessary
- Other duties will involve computer-based tasks
Accurate record keeping is vital within the surgery so a good attention for detail ensuring all paperwork is completed to a high standard will be expected as will and understanding of tact and respect for all patients who visit the surgery.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Full Customer Service Level 2 - Standard
- On the job training to support role development
- Employer will allocate dedicated training time for Off The Job training as required for the qualification
- Off The Job support for qualification requirements - learner will need to attend college for one full day per month and this will be supported by regular remote training and site visits.
- Functional Skills Support (maths, English) - if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of future employment/progression opportunities upon successful completion of Level 2 qualification
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade A*/9 - C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
St Neots Surgery
FOCUS TRAINING (SW) LIMITED
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.