There is never a dull day working in HR! If you’re conscientious and curious about people, think you’d be good at juggling multiple tasks, and are naturally organised and helpful, this apprenticeship will give you a great grounding in Human Resources.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
26 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You can expect to provide admin support in the areas of recruitment, payroll, filing and databases. There's lots to keep you busy and involved, including:
- Uploading new employees' details on to HR databases, preparing their 'welcome packs' and ensuring that managers return essential paperwork within set timescales
- Sending (and logging) probation and trial-period forms to managers and ensuring they are returned when due
- Following up references for our new starters
- Managing our 'Introduce a Friend' scheme
- Distributing monthly and weekly payslips
- Managing personal files, including setting up new ones and keeping up with the filing
- General office assistance – ordering stationery, answering phones, typing notes and photocopying
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- 13 months practical training period, plus 6 months for End Point Assessment
- Work-based training with your employer
- Day release during term time (approximately 1 day a week for 1 year)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English (7 days at college for each, if required)
- Off the job training will count for at least 20% of an apprentice’s time at work
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths
- CIPD Level 3 Foundation Certificate in People Practice
- Level 3 HR Support Apprenticeship
End Point Assessment:
- Consultative project
- Professional discussion
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This role may become permanent for the right candidate with lots of potential for future career progression and personal development.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
ABINGDON AND WITNEY COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.