Apprentice Finance Assistant BISHOP HOGARTH CATHOLIC EDUCATION TRUST
The Directors of Bishop Hogarth Catholic Education Trust wish to appoint a Finance Assistant starting at Level 2, based at St John's School & Sixth Form College in Bishop Auckland.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2022
£9,254.44 to £18,278.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
21 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This is an exciting time to join the Trust as it completes a period of rapid growth. We wish to recruit an Apprentice, based at St John's School & Sixth Form College in Bishop Auckland.
We are looking to appoint enthusiastic financial administrators who would relish the opportunity to work in our Trust as a member of our finance team working closely with Central Services colleagues and School based administrators across the Trust. The successful candidates will be joining a Trust which is committed to supporting students to achieve the very best outcomes. Your main areas of focus will be supporting the financial aspects of operating a large organisation, including processing orders and invoices, undertaking bank and credit card reconciliations, updating and transferring data and other finance administration tasks.
- Provide financial support to St John's School & Sixth Form College
- Undertake typing, word processing and other IT based tasks
- Undertake processing of orders, delivery notes, invoices, banking, maintaining supplier records, finance administration, bank and credit card reconciliations, transfer and input of financial data form records and spreadsheets.
- Operate relevant equipment/ICT packages (e.g. Iris Financials, Excel, Tucasi, Orovia, Online Payments,).
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Be aware of and comply with the Trust’s Finance Policy, Funding Agreement, EFA Guidance, Audit Recommendations and any other relevant documentation pertaining at the time.
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure equal opportunities for all.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the Trust.
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals.
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
- The post holder must carry out his/her duties with full regard to the public sector equality duty in terms of employment and service delivery to ensure that colleagues are treated, and services delivered in a fair and consistent manner.
- To comply with health and safety policy and systems, report any incidents/accidents/hazards and take pro-active approach to health and safety matters in order to protect both yourself and others.
- Any other duties of a similar nature related to the post which may be required from time to time.
- Professional approach to working with colleagues
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Accounts or Finance Assistant Level 2
Apprentices will be required to take one of the professional qualifications listed below, as chosen by the employer to be most relevant to the job role:
- AAT Foundation certificate in accounting (Level 2)
- ACCA Certificate in financial and management accounting (level 2)
- IAB Level 2 certificate in bookkeeping
- ICB Level 2 certificate in bookkeeping
Location: Bisop Auckland
Including one day release for study at Darlington College (Day/Times TBC)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once the qualification is completed there may be opportunity to secure long-term employment along with progression within the Trust.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent Mathematics (Grade A*-C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.