Apprentice Medical Receptionist New Street and Netherton Group Practice
Wanting to kickstart your career within the NHS? Following the continued success of their apprenticeship scheme, New Street and Netherton Group Practice are looking for an Apprentice Medical Receptionist to join their team.
Closing date: 02 Sep 2022
Total hours per week: 38.0
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
20 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The main duties of this job are to administer the reception and book patients into appointments on computer systems on behalf of the doctors and nurses, and to act as the first point of contact for patients and other visitors.
- To greet patients attending the surgery and direct them to their consultation or treatment
- To receive patient's requests for prescriptions made in person or electronically. To prepare, where appropriate, repeat prescriptions for the doctor's signature. To safeguard signed prescriptions for patient's collection or for forwarding by post
- Liaise with other agencies on behalf of the doctors as and when directed
- To maintain the patient filing system; retrieving records when required and re-filing afterwards; registering new patients; culling and tagging of new notes; obtaining and returning records to the Health Authority; to prepare outgoing prescriptions for posting or collection
- To assist the doctors in the efficient and timely running of surgeries and to undertake individually agreed administrative tasks, for example: obtaining and distributing supplies to clinical rooms, ensuring specimens are ready for collection by hospital courier, order stock for reception and maintaining database for prescription numbers
- To receive non-patient visitors to the surgery and attend to their requirements or take messages as appropriate
- To answer enquiries about the Practice and its services as set out in the Practice Leaflet
- To observe the confidentiality requirements of the Practice.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will gain a Customer Service Practitioner Standard. Completion of this apprenticeship will lead to eligibility to join the Institute of Customer Service as an Individual member at Professional level. On successful completion of Level 2, you can move on to study Level 3 apprenticeships, such as Customer Service Specialist and Business Administrator Apprenticeship.
Training will take place at National Business College, based in the centre of Huddersfield. You will attend sessions on a day release basis, once every fortnight.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression onto a level 3 apprenticeship is possible for the successful candidate. The previous apprentice in this role decided to go down a medical route from the role and has recently completed the Phlebotomy and Pharmacy Technician courses and one day hopes to become a nurse!
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
About the employer
NATIONAL BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.