Science Teaching Assistant Apprentice The gateway school & Technology College
To provide learning and care support for an individual pupil with special educational needs (SEN) to help work towards the outcomes on their education and health care plan (EHCP). This will involve working with the teacher to plan and deliver activities and supporting the pupil with routines, transitions and behavior management.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2022
£7,816.25 to £15,437.50
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 31.25
Possible start date
14 Sep 2022
20 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Supporting the pupil
- Teaching and learning
- Working with staff, parents/carers and relevant professionals.
- Professional development
Work tasks/responsibilities of the Science Apprentice:
- Preparing and clearing up of equipment
- Support in the maintenance of stock records
- Assisting in the maintenance of safety standards in the science areas
- Design and construction of apparatus under guidance from the Science Co-ordinator/Learning Support Assistant
- Preparation of materials to exact specification from stock under the guidance of the Science Co-ordinator/Learning Support Assistant
- clearing away equipment. This may include the support and maintenance of living organisms, care of animals and plants
- Correct disposal of waste products as instructed
- Adhere to health and safety procedural guidelines at all times
- To contribute to the overall ethos, work & aims of the school
- Develop an understanding of policies & procedures, complying with their contents and raising concerns in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain resources for physical education and sport activities through preparing, maintaining and deploying resources to assist teaching
- Assist in ensuring the sport inventory is kept up to date
- To assist in the teaching of physical education through leading activities, and supporting non specialists
- Contribute to the planning of lessons and work programmes and devising of suitable activities
- Support the teaching and learning of individuals or groups of pupils, using support strategies to the needs of the pupils and liaising with staff over any issues
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will work towards completing a Level 3 Teaching Assistant Standard.
- Your employer will allow you time out of your working week to focus on your apprenticeship.
- All training will be delivered remotely, online or at your place of work.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- A full time position may be offered to the right candidate after completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9) Essential
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.