Apprentice Administrative Assistant based at St. Michaels School, Rowley Regis Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council
Starting in September 2022, this is a great opportunity to work for St. Michaels C of E High School where you will be part of a busy team, liaising with parents, students and various other agencies, whilst undertaking a variety of customer service and administrative based duties. PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
26 Sep 2022
13 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Supporting the reprographics department with photocopying, laminating, distribution of documents and responding to staff emails to prioritise workload
- Provide office support to a busy administrative department
- Support the reception services by dealing with telephone enquiries to the school and greeting visitors, following the appropriate safeguarding procedure
- Be flexible to undertake a public facing role when working on the Reception Desk (on a rota basis)
- Undertake word processing to produce letters and reports
- Answering the telephone, dealing and directing enquiries as appropriate
- Maintenance of locker rental records
- Maintenance of well-organised files and records
- General word processing and SIMS /FMS IT tasks
- In-put and record data on an in-house database, prepare reports from databases as directed
- Attend meetings as and when required
- Undertake relevant and appropriate training related to the role as part of your personal development
- To undertake tasks keeping Data Protection and Safeguarding in mind at all times
- Other tasks that may be reasonably requested by the Head Teacher
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
At the end you will gain a Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Qualification. This will include any IT Functional Skills as appropriate. The apprenticeship training will be delivered in the workplace, as you will receive visits from a college assessor. The apprenticeship will also include a proportion of 20% Off The Job Training and a robust programme of Mandatory Apprentice Training provided by Sandwell Council to include Workplace Professionalism and Equality & Diversity
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This apprenticeship is a fixed term contract. However the skills, knowledge and experience gained in this apprenticeship will allow you to gain future opportunities in the sector
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C / 4 or above) Essential
Other Literacy Functional Skills (Grade Level 2) Essential
Other Numeracy Functional Skills (Grade Level 2) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.