Business Administrator Apprentice Lowdham C of E Primary School
Lowdham Primary School is a village school that's bursting with wonderful children, experienced staff & brilliant learning opportunities. Our place in the community is strong & we have good links with various public places. You'll join a supportive and friendly team and gain valuable skills and experience. Want to hear more? Read on....
Closing date: 30 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
15 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Job duties to include:
- To perform routine clerical tasks including receiving & making telephone calls, checking, and verifying information, greeting visitors, providing directions and advice and information to basic enquiries, typing straightforward letters and documents
- To undertake general office support work including filing, photocopying, routine data input and retrieval including updating pupil records
- To prepare and process routine orders including completion of pro-formas, placing orders, receiving, and matching delivery notes with orders/invoices
- To receive and processing incoming and outgoing mail.
- To undertake cash collection duties including simple recording as required
- To collect and process attendance data
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons for whom you are responsible and with whom you come into contact with during the course of your duties and responsibilities. Your conduct must at all times be in accordance with the school’s policies and procedures
- To report any causes for concern relating to the welfare and safety of children to the designated person, and the head teacher, or if unavailable the designated safeguarding governor or a member of the senior leadership team
- To attend safeguarding training as required by the school and maintain your knowledge and understanding of your responsibility for safeguarding children in this school
Responsibility for People
Dealing with routine parent/carer/pupil enquires and providing school related information. Providing for the safety and well-being of visitors to the school e.g., signing visitors in and out of the visitor’s book, providing refreshments as required.
Interpersonal/ Communication Skills
- Required to communicate with colleagues or parent/carers/pupils with regard to their own duties or take and pass messages to others as necessary e.g. passing on messages, greeting visitors at reception.
- Conversing with others regarding personal or detailed information e.g. contacting parents/carers regarding pupil’s welfare and advising appropriate staff on pupil medical/health conditions.
Responsibility for People
- Dealing with routine parent/carer/pupil enquires and providing school related information.
- Providing for the safety and well-being of visitors to the school e.g., signing visitors in and out of the visitor’s book, providing refreshments as required.
Initiative & Independence
- Following well defined processes, practices and procedures e.g., opening, logging and distributing mail, receiving stationery deliveries and storing items
- Some initiative is required to deal with identifiable/routine issues with supervisory support available when areas of difficulty are faced e.g., operation of reception/switchboard dealing with contacts appropriately.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This apprenticeship standard is Business Administrator Level 3.
Training will be delivered remotely.
Where a business administrator has not already achieved Level 2 English and Maths, they must do so before taking the end-point assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential full time role for the right person upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
DERBY BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.