Heaton Road Surgery are looking for a medical receptionist apprentice. Do you have what it takes to work in a busy medical environment? Would you like to earn £13,000? Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity. Apply Now!
Closing date: 15 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
16 Aug 2022
12 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Greet patients and book then into the computer system on arrival.
- Direct patients to waiting rooms.
- Notify patients when clinics are running late.
- Answer telephone & deal with all enquiries as they arise.
- Make appointments for the Team.
- Deal with enquiries for Health Professionals and other agencies as requested in an efficient manner.
- Completion of forms as requested.
- Extract notes and patients' summaries from computer.
- Register all new patients following the practice protocol.
- Explain the NHS system & practice system to patients.
- Opening the mail, ensuring mail is in doctors duckets daily.
- To bring to the attention of the Practice Managers all complaints, comments and suggestions
- To report on any adverse/untoward incidents.
- To complete the accident book and record incidents when required.
- Dealing with emergency calls, telephoning for ambulances, taking requests for urgent house calls and notifying the doctor immediately.
- Attend to patients when an emergency arises in practice & notify Doctor/Nurse immediately.
- Prepare room in readiness for Clinics.
- Liaise with patients regarding appointments
- To work early morning/late afternoon/evening rotas.
- Participate in Practice Development Team Building and action plans.
- Attend courses as agreed with The Practice Managers.
- To comply & keep up to date with the Caldicott guidelines.
- To comply & keep up to date with the Data Protection Act.
- Contribute to Practice Newsletter.
- To identify own training needs.
- To undertake training, including statutory and mandatory training and to meet personal development needs.
- Co-operate/participate with research within the practice
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Customer Service Practioner level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- In house training from the employer
- Functional Skills maths and English training, if applicable
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Progression within the practice once apprenticeship has been completed
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
KEY TRAINING LIMITED
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.