This vacancy is to join other health care professionals who deliver vital services to patients. You will need to demonstrate a professional impression of yourself and the Practice by delivering customer service to patients and customers. If you want to start a rewarding career, then this job is for you!
Closing date: 28 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
29 Aug 2022
08 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
· Managing patient requests in person, on the phone and via written communication
· Booking, amending, rescheduling, and cancelling patient appointments
· Distributing prescriptions
· Action patient care follow- up arrangements as per clinicians’ instructions
· Advising patients of chargeable services and processing payments
· Providing patients with information about the Practice Services
· General housekeeping of reception and waiting areas
· Arranging transport and home visits
· Managing medical records recording patient contracts, attaching correspondence electronically and in hard copy and filing in correct order.
· Maintaining and updating the practice patient database.
· Ensuring confidentiality and data protection is always observed.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Customer Service Practitioner Level 2
Functional Skills (if needed)
Full training will be provided by the GP Practice, with the support of the training provider.
20% of the apprentice’s working week has to be allocated to off the Job training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Having gained a year’s worth of work experience and a qualification as a Customer Service Practitioner, you would be able to work as a Receptionist in the Primary Care sector or in another similar setting.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
TONBRIDGE MEDICAL GROUP
INDEPENDENT TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.