This is an important role to help with the smooth running of administrative work supporting fee earners. The role is split between administration work and reception cover so the candidate will be interacting with clients and contacts so first impressions are incredibly important to helping to maintain relations.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
08 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Audio typing support for all departments as and when required:
- Attendance notes
- Basic letters
- File admin support for all departments to include:
- File openings
- File closures
- Document bundling
- Electronic filing
- Photocopying as and when required
- Replenish paper and tonner in post room copier
- Keep Buried files & Deeds databases up-to-date
- Banking when Accounts Junior on holiday
- Scanning files for closure
- Unpicking of files for scanning
- Any other duties as directed by the Line Manager
Second Line support for Reception
- Ensure all visitors are dealt with politely and efficiently
- Answer all telephone calls quickly and efficiently - within 3 rings
- Telephone messages must be emailed out immediately to the relevant person.
- Show clients through to the meeting rooms on arrival and notify fee earners immediately
- Be fully aware of the fire alarm procedures and burglar alarm requirements.
- Distribute faxes and messages within ten minutes of receiving them
- Hand out post from Reception post tray
- Inform Fee Earners when the post arrives
- Take messages off the answering machine each morning and email them on by no later than 9.30am.
- Send faxes out and return original documentation to originator, also forward received faxes via email A.S.A.P
- Keep attendance log of all staff and visitors. Print out new sheets when required.
- Complete staff attendance book on daily basis.
- Always keep reception tidy.
- Take bookings for all meeting rooms and maintain diary, ensuring rooms are not double booked and there is a 30min time frame between each appointment.
- Ensure calendar staff register list is up to date and amend when required.
- Depending on when you cover complete either the morning or evening checklist as appropriate
- Scanning of incoming post
- Frank and send post each evening and arrange rota when on holiday for cover
- Check that there is enough money in the franking machine minimum of £20 and top up as and when required
- On the 1st of each month run software updates on the franking machine
- Keep the post room tidy at all times
- Check stocks of franking machine labels and ink and report to line manager.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will complete:
- Level 2 - Customer Service Practitioner Standard
- Functional Skills if required
- Basingstoke ITEC will deliver your apprenticeship qualification at your place of work.
- You will be required to attend workshops at Basingstoke ITEC, which will be during your working hours.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We always look to keep apprentices on following completion of their course and encourage promotion within the firm to either support roles or junior fee earning roles.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or Above) Desired
About the employer
BASINGSTOKE ITEC LIMITED
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.