Apprentice Dental Receptionist A CHAND BORROWASH DENTAL CENTRE
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our supportive, friendly team as a receptionist at our dental practice. You will be the first point of call for our patients, and will be polite, courteous and professional at all times. You will learn all the skills required to gain a customer service level 2 qualification. Sound good? Read on and apply!
Closing date: 30 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
08 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your main duties will include:
- Meet and greet patients on reception with a polite, courteous and professional friendly manner at all times.
- Answer telephone calls and queries, bookings, changing or cancelling appointments as necessary
- Ensure that reception runs smoothly.
- Book appropriate appointments for patients and highlight any issue to the practice manager.
- Keep a record of daily takings, as well as update patients finance records on the computer system.
- Cash up daily, and check that it coincides with the daily takings, record and file as necessary.
- Provide receipts for monies.
- Ensure medical histories are updated and signed
- Complete necessary checklists.
- Ensure that the practice email is monitored and emails dealt with appropriately.
- Ensure lab work is dispatched to the appropriate surgeries on arrival.
- Report all issues of importance to the appropriate people
- Providing full and comprehensive reception duties dealing with general and complex enquiries,
arranging dental appointments and providing information asked by patients and general public, either by telephone or face to face.
- To answer the telephone, exercising initiative when required to respond to general enquiries and/or pass on messages as appropriate, accurately, legibly and swiftly. This also includes
registered and unregistered patients seeking immediate dental care.
- Receive, collate, process and distribute all incoming mail.
- To maintain appropriate filing systems, so that information is stored securely and is easily retrievable.
- Ensuring all paperwork is prepared for the clinical session, that x-rays and laboratory work are available, and filed, where appropriate at the end of the working day.
- Processing forms, ensuring all correct patient information is entered accurately.
- Taking payments of cash, cheques and any payments made by debit/credit card through CHIP and PIN machines which are logged correctly through the cashbook and dental software.
- Ordering and maintaining stationary supplies.
- To ensure that patient confidentiality is maintained in respect of personal information in accordance with NHS policies and statutory legislation.
- To review and implement any new administrative processes.
- To undertake all general office duties, such as photocopying, scanning etc.
- Sending out recall emails for registered patients who are due examinations, to ensure they do not lapse.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Work towards a Customer Service Level 2 qualification.
Functional Skills maths and English will be required to be completed before completion, if you don't already hold GCSE or equivalent in maths and English at grade C/4 and above.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential to progress to a permanent dental receptionist role.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
DERBY BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.