A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Buying and Merchandising Administrator at Blaydon based company–Rowen Group. The successful applicant would have good long-term prospects with the opportunity to develop the role as the company continues to grow. Employees benefits include: a day's holiday on your birthday and discount at www.rowenhomes.com
Closing date: 26 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
29 Aug 2022
06 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Buying and Merchandising Administrator at Blaydon based company – Rowen Homes. The successful applicant would have good long-term prospects with the opportunity to develop the role as the company continues to grow, and there will be opportunities for progression. This is a vibrant company based within state-of-the –art offices, with excellent facilities for employees.
The role is varied and the successful applicant will be trained in the following duties:-
- Provide administrative support to buying and merchandising teams
- Greet and welcome guests as they arrive at the office and direct visitors
- Answer, screen and forward incoming telephone calls
- Ensure the premises are always presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Product data upload and management
- Obtaining quotes from suppliers for development
- Ordering of product samples
- Daily and weekly reporting on stock positions and deliveries
- Liaising with suppliers, sustaining key external relationships and taking responsibility for the product claims process
- Assisting with trade account applications
- Report on bestsellers on a daily & weekly basis
- Oversee the flow of stock into Ex Display and list it on various selling platforms
- Arranging and communicating incoming deliveries with suppliers, buying team and warehouse department
- Data cleansing across the sales platform
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via telephone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office & warehouse security by following safety procedures and controlling access (monitor sign in book, etc.)
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Update calendars and schedule meetings
- General Administrative duties i.e. typing letters and reports, arranging meetings, photocopying etc.
- Planning and organising training courses, dates and times, rooms and equipment
- Booking staff onto courses and updating relevant spreadsheets and databases
- Liaise with the Management Team to gather and prepare on call rota
- Minute taking and typing of documents such as letters, reports, proposals etc. as appropriate
- Maintain computer filing systems
Applicants should be competent with IT, excel and enjoy working as part of a team.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training to be provided
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Training delivered by Access Training through a mixture of projects, training workshops and one to one support.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The successful applicant would have good long-term prospects with the opportunity to develop the role as the company continues to grow.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A-C or 4-9) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ACCESS TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.