Business Administration Apprentice CANTERBURY CHRIST CHURCH UNIVERSITY
This is a 24 month business administration apprenticeship under which the apprentice will engage in, on and off the job learning and development activities that will lead to a Level 3 Business Administration qualification. Business administrators have a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours that can be applied in all sectors.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
During your first year of apprenticeship your salary will be 60% of Grade C pay point 11 (£12,055.20), in year two this will rise to 80% (£16,073.60)
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
07 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This job is a 24-month business administration apprenticeship under which the apprentice will engage in, on and off the job learning and development activities that will lead to a Level 3 in Business Administration qualification. The role involves demonstrating strong communication skills and adopting a proactive approach to developing skills.
The role provides high quality administrative support for both the applicant remote interviews and the Faculty’s outward facing interviews, events and conferences. The role holder will work closely with the operations team, admissions, and academic colleagues to ensure quality interviews and events are fully planned and well organised.
The Faculty based operations teams have a broad remit that reflect the individual business and operational requirements in each Faculty – these might include finance, recruitment and marketing, events, research and enterprise and other executive support functions.
The team plays an integral role in supporting the faculty and its schools in ensuring excellent services are delivered in a timely and organised manner. All members of the team are required to focus on improving the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery and continuously identifying areas that influence operational administration and will make appropriate recommendations for improvements.
The role holder will provide support, advice, and guidance, signposting to other services across the University.
The role will support the Faculty in meeting its operational objectives aligned to the Faculty and University strategic plans and will support delivery to ensure high quality service to all stakeholders. The role holder is expected to collaborate with equivalent staff across the organisation.
This apprenticeship is a developmental role. You will be working towards the following duties and should be competent in carrying them out by the end of the apprenticeship. You will be fully supported, in line with the University’s approach to apprenticeships
- To provide a first point of contact for all enquiries and arrangements relating to applicant interviews
- To attend information evenings, open days and other events and conferences when required to do so; this may include supporting and overseeing student helpers.
- To be responsible for maintaining tracking data for all applicant interviews and events, and assist applicants remotely, producing reports from this data where required.
- To provide support to colleagues from across the team and within the faculty professional support services, helping to meet demands during peak times.
- To respond in a timely and professional manner to all enquiries made within the team, with particular emphasis on students and external stakeholders
- To administer the uniform and badge services for students, using university systems to maintain accurate electronic records
- To assist with arrangements for all events and any conference related needs, including, marketing and publicity, accommodation, room bookings, scheduling, hospitality, delegate packs and meetings.
- To be an active member of the team, maintaining appropriate office systems and monitoring current processes, taking a proactive and prospective approach to ensure continuous process improvement
- To work closely with Finance colleagues, the operations team and conferencing in relation to budgets, processing claims and payments, registrations and queries
- To be required to ‘take ownership’ of queries they receive within the team and to ensure any matters arising are communicated back to the originator
- A commitment to completing the apprenticeship programme and engaging in all on and off the job training and development activities
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Business Administration Level 3
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This role is a 24-month business administration apprenticeship during which you will engage in on and off the job learning and development activities that will lead to a Level 3 in Business Administration qualification.
Business administrators have a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills, and behaviours that can be applied in all sectors.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SR APPRENTICESHIPS LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.