Compressed Air Service Apprentice Consolidated Distribution Housing
A fantastic opportunity to join CDH Group, a leading compressed air company, as a Compressed Air Service Apprentice has arose. With a reputation for providing high quality technical expertise and a commitment to providing a first-class level of after sales service you'll be trained to the highest level.
Closing date: 28 Oct 2022
Salary scale: Starting salary - £11,933 After 6 months- £12,529.65 Year 2- £14,409.10 Year 2.5 - £15,129.55 Year 3 - £17, 398.99 Year 3.5 - £18,268.93 Year 4 - £20,958 Year 4.5 - £21,162
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
07 Nov 2022
23 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Working within our Service Leads and their teams to learn and deliver technical support across the business, including pro active and reactive maintenance. You will work closely with engineers and leading compressed air manufacturers to understand the complete compressed air system and different applications.
During training, you will work alongside a team of highly skilled engineers to carry out preventive and corrective maintenance and to identify opportunities and implement solutions, to improve efficiency, equipment reliability, product quality, with consideration with regards to health and safety and the environment.
You will answer incoming phone calls and e-mails from colleagues and address their questions regarding ongoing work, as well as troubleshooting any technical problems they may have. Alongside this, you will support field engineers.
The long-term role responsibilities may include:
- Service Technical Support
- Work alongside the Technical Support Manager to support field service engineers in fault finding and coordinate handovers.
- Be the technical frontline for stakeholders, ensuring that our established and potentially new relationships are maintained and developed through your professional approach.
- For more complex problems that require instruction, you will also contact customers via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
- Work closely with manufacturer stakeholders
- Investigate and report on technical nonconformities.
- To provide technical sales support
- Projects Technical Support
- Assist with CAD design and engineering drawings
- Interpret technical specifications for projects
- Brief in work to installation engineers
- To provide specific support for engineering projects
- Work safely, with regard for your duty of care to yourself and to others who may be affected by your work
- Adhere to company policies and procedures at all times
- Keep others informed of information that contributes to the performance of the team, department or company
- Attend lectures, practical's and visits as per training provider learning plan
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- L2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing (Foundation Competence)
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competencies) Mechatronics Maintenance Technician
- L3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Skills you'll develop include:
- Mechanical applications and solutions
- Electrical wiring, testing and installation
- Pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Process Control Systems
- Compressed Air Treatment Maintenance
- Compressed Air Equipment Servicing
- Fault finding
Upon successful completion of the four-year programme, an individual assessment will be carried out by CDH Group to determine whether a full-time position will be offered.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent ICT (Grade 9 - 4/A* - C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9 - 4/A* - C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 9 - 4/A* - C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Technology (Grade 9 - 4/A* - C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
TRAINING 2000 LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.